Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What if no one's watching...?

What if no one was watching you? What if you never got criticism or compliments? What if it truly was just you and God and no opinions, advice, or expectation? Would you still do what you do everyday? What if there were no friends to stop in and say hi, no places to go to that you needed to look a certain way, no family to lend a helping hand or to give you the push you need? What is our true reason for living OUR lives the way we do?

Compassion seems to be lacking...a warm embrace is hard to find. Would we still be willing to offer compassion and warm embrace? Or do we become cold towards others, because they are cold to us? How far are we willing to go to break the cycle of this ever changing world and its lack of LOVE for each other? Do we wait for a tragedy to lend a helping hand or do we see the tears and distress and lend our shoulder to ease the woe of a tired soul?

My spirit feels broken and beaten down...my heart aches from the negativity of others around me. I weep from exhaustion of never being what others expect me to be,never quite good enough...

However, I am the happiest I have ever been! I have never been so confident in my relationship with my God. I have never felt so whole in a relationship, like I do with my husband and the faith he has in our God. I have never felt more love from anyone, than I do from my son. I have a growing soul in my body, who I will soon see...and I truly can say that I am complete.

So, here I go again. One day at a time...trying not to hear what others are saying or worry what they might think if I do what I feel I need to do. I will be the pillar for the weak to lean on, I will be the hearer of those who need to speak, I will be the hand that wipes the tears of those in despair, and I will be the love that others need to feel! I will break down, but I will always be built back up....and this I swear, I will never give up!

2 comments: